Residual Loading Effect

Deddy Hermanus

Verified Customer
Hi,

I have a suggestion.

In order to minimize the residual loading effect when using XenCentral Ad Server, I suggest that
you include the width and height of the img tag of the banners.

PS. What I meant by residual loading effect is when the browser seems to expand the page at the end to cater for the banners. Users may feel that the re-loading of the page is burdened by the ad banners.

Deddy

XenCentral

XenCentral Support
Staff member
Hello, Deddy!

Thank you for the suggestion. We already consider this feature, and it will be implemented on zone-level. Now each zone has width/height attributes to define limits of images that can be uploaded. We will add an option to apply this attributes to the zone wrapper, so that loading ad does not change position of other items in the page.

This will be implemented soon.

Thank you!

Deddy Hermanus

Verified Customer
Hi what I did when to counter the "residual loading" issue is to add this code:

Code:
            <!-- Ad Hook -->
                    <xen:if is="!in_array({$contentTemplate}, array('register_form','account_personal_details', 'member_view', 'conversation_add', 'conversation_view', 'thread_create')) ">
                    <table>
                <tr>
                <td align=center width=900px height=100px>
                    <xen:hook name="page_container_content_top" />      
                </td>
                <tr>
            </table>          
            </xen:if>
            <!-- Ad Hook -->
In this code I tried to prevent the ad from loading when members are loading a certain page. Eg when members are adding new post, registering etc.

It works for very well with no issue before. However, ever since I upgraded to xenforo 1.2.4. The XenCentral banner that loads on the hook ( <xen:hook name="page_container_content_top" /> ) would most of the time. But sometimes it would not load once every 100 reloading.

I even changed the code to :

Code:
            <!-- Ad Hook -->
                <table>
                <tr>
                <td align=center width=900px height=100px>
                    <xen:hook name="page_container_content_top" />      
                </td>
                <tr>
            </table>          
            <!-- Ad Hook -->
But it's still happens. Sometimes when it doesn't load... it wouldn't load until the after trying to reload 20 times or more I think.

XenCentral

XenCentral Support
Staff member
Hello!

We don't think the loading is connected with warpper or xen:if condition in any way, there should be some other reason. Please provide where we can see the problem, and we will try to reproduce the problem.

Thank you!