Generated Links only work for one person???

doublespaces

Verified Customer
So I generated a link and posted it. Two people registered. Only one of them is on my list. Is the link only good for referring one person? This needs to be good for referring lots of people. My forum wants to encourage people to sign up, not limit it.

Not only that but I have some weird things showing up under invitations sent. I have two invitations sent for two people, one of them says 30 minutes ago and shows her email(I did it through generated link and posted on FB) and another one shows no email, says she is registered and says I did it several hours ago which is not true. The same thing for an account I made myself yesterday, two listings, similar results.

XenCentral

XenCentral Support
Staff member
So I generated a link and posted it. Two people registered. Only one of them is on my list. Is the link only good for referring one person? This needs to be good for referring lots of people. My forum wants to encourage people to sign up, not limit it.

Not only that but I have some weird things showing up under invitations sent. I have two invitations sent for two people, one of them says 30 minutes ago and shows her email(I did it through generated link and posted on FB) and another one shows no email, says she is registered and says I did it several hours ago which is not true. The same thing for an account I made myself yesterday, two listings, similar results.
Invitation links are meant to invite one user only. We will check to see what the problem can be with several users using the same link (normally the second user who tries to register with the same link already used should get an error). If you want to invite multiple users with a single link you should use a link in format http://demo.xencentral.com/register/?referrer=your_username and they will be listed in your invited users' list.

Thank you!

doublespaces

Verified Customer
Wonderful. If you could take a look at my other thread in here regarding Facebook invites not working. I believe it's in the redirect Uri thread.

doublespaces

Verified Customer
Yes, thank you for the suggestion, will do so in the next minor release.

Thank you!
Also, is it possible that if a referrer was provided, that you cannot edit that field when signing up?

Secondly, is it possible to make this look not so much like a referral link? I believe I have submitted a ticket regarding custom work for a redirect option. I would be happy to wait until then for this.