Under Review Restrict guests from viewing website content

Alfa1

Verified Customer
On one of my websites I need to restrict guests from viewing any content. They will need to log in to register.
How do I do this?

XenCentral

XenCentral Support
Staff member
On one of my websites I need to restrict guests from viewing any content. They will need to log in to register.
How do I do this?
Ideally this would be implemented as possibility to have different permissions per domain, which, however, is very hard to implement due to complexity of permission system. We could implement this as a separate option for each particular domain, but it does not make much sense as it is not directly connected with product's functionality.

What you need actually to have any addon that implements what you want and has an option to enable/disable it. Then you can use our Override Options tab to enable or disable that functionality for each domain.

Thank you!

Alfa1

Verified Customer
One important reason to purchase Multisite is to offer a fully closed version of my site to paying members only. (members with an account upgrade) VIP Members only get access to this site after logging in. Members are willing to pay for this, because I can add a special style, https and exclusive content to this site only.

What you need actually to have any addon that implements what you want and has an option to enable/disable it. Then you can use our Override Options tab to enable or disable that functionality for each domain.
Could you rephrase this? I do not understand what you mean.

XenCentral

XenCentral Support
Staff member
One important reason to purchase Multisite is to offer a fully closed version of my site to paying members only. (members with an account upgrade) VIP Members only get access to this site after logging in. Members are willing to pay for this, because I can add a special style, https and exclusive content to this site only.

Could you rephrase this? I do not understand what you mean.
What I mean is you need some third-party addon that implements the functionality you need for one site, and is configurable from Admin Panel, so once you have it working for one site you could use our addon to setup it in a different way for each domain.

Thank you!

Alfa1

Verified Customer
But I dont need an addon to set usergroup permissions for one site. What I need is to be able to set deviating usergroup permissions for one domain, while keeping the same, consistent usergroup permissions for other domains.

XenCentral

XenCentral Support
Staff member
But I dont need an addon to set usergroup permissions for one site. What I need is to be able to set deviating usergroup permissions for one domain, while keeping the same, consistent usergroup permissions for other domains.
As mentioned above, it is too complicated and most likely will not be implemented soon (at least until support for other major add-ons is implemented). So my suggestion is to just have an add-on that simply denies guest access to your board. And then configure it on different way to deny or not deny guest access on different boards.

Thank you!