XC multisite Question

vplusasia

Verified Customer
Hello,

I have some questions about Multisite as the following:

1/ Does it support unicode (utf-8) encoding?

2/ Do all the sites have to be on the same server?

3/ For example I have three domains on seperate accounts on the same server
domain1.com
domain1.com
domain3.com
In this case do I have to install three copies of xenfo on eaech domain ? Or do I just install it on domain1.com ?

(Ofcourse I will pay for three xenforo licences if needed)

Thanks in Advance

XenCentral

XenCentral Support
Staff member
Hello!

Answers below:

1/ Does it support unicode (utf-8) encoding?

Yes, as far as your XenForo database supports utf-8.

2/ Do all the sites have to be on the same server?

Yes, all sites are on the same server as all sites are being served from the same single XenForo installation.

3/ For example I have three domains on seperate accounts on the same server
domain1.com
domain1.com
domain3.com
In this case do I have to install three copies of xenfo on eaech domain ? Or do I just install it on domain1.com ?

Well, you have to install XenForo only once. For example, you install XenForo on domain1.com, then you redirect domain2.com and domain3.com to the same installation, and then configure domain2.com and domain3.com using XenCentral Multisite System. All domains are served from the same installation, but they are different in their look, nodes etc.

If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you!

vplusasia

Verified Customer
Thanks for your reply.
I would like to confirm one more thing: As you said

"For example, you install XenForo on domain1.com, then you redirect domain2.com and domain3.com to the same installation"

Is there any special ways for redirecting domain2,3 to the domain1? Or I just set "forward domain" via my domain control panel?

XenCentral

XenCentral Support
Staff member
@vplusasia

Forward domain should work, depends on control panel you use. You just need to make sure all three domains open the same content, the same installation of XenForo and after that start to configure each domain using XC Multisite System.

Thank you!

Hello

I am considering of buying your add-on. I will need it to join up to an ecommerce installation and then use the REST API addon to create a SSO / user management from the application to xenforo.
As there will be 2 different ecommerce applications SSO'ing in a a xenforo multisite system single installation, do you foresee any problems in using Multisite system this way ?

Thank you very much